Monday, December 6, 2010

Primitive Candy Cane Tutorial {revisit}

Primitive Candy Canes

You will need:
  • 5 pack plastic candy canes {mine are from The Dollar Tree}
  • red/white ticking {or any other Christmas fabric you like}
  • glue
  • cinnamon

Make a small cut a little less than 1 inch and rip the length of your fabric. Then cut that length in half you will use about 1" x 30" strips per candy cane. Add a dot of glue on the curve end of your candy cane.

Place the end of your strip of fabric on the glue and cover the tip.
Then start wrapping, you will need to pull your strip taunt as you go.

Wrap all the way to the end and cut at an angle, place a small amount of glue to seal the end.
Glue the bottom tip and push the ends of fabric down to finish.Wrapped candy cane.
Pour a little cinnamon in a container.
Use paper towel dipped in cinnamon and rub dry on your fabric.
Not only will they look good, they will smell great!
Done!
Wrap in a bundle with twine add a tag, and you have a fun gift.



9 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are darling...and I bet they smell good too!

Iowa Sunshine said...

very cool idea -- thanks for sharing!!! love the fabric, too.

Iowa Sunshine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Georgia Girl said...

Where is the scratch and smell button! I love anything cinamon...these are so cute and simple to make. I might try and do this with Lexi...she is wanting to craft a lot now...so I guess I better start doing some with her.

Empty Nest Full Life said...

Love this idea. I may just have to try those, even though decorating for Christmas is on hold. I think it is a must -do project. Jackie

Amanda said...

I love this! I featured it today on my blog - today's top twenty! I'd love if you could stop by! While your there please click on my widget at the top. For every click P&G will donate 1 day's worth of clean water! {Plus you get free samples and coupons!} Talk soon!

Amanda
todaystoptwenty.blogspot.com

swell.life said...

Wow these are so darling!

Thanks so much for popping by my blog. It's lovely to meet you and discover your amazing blog. So full of eye candy.

Have a wonderful Christmas season!

Denise Mulligan said...

Oh, these are adorable. I need to find some fabric to work with. Thanks for the post.
:)

So Scraphappy said...

I linked to you tonight!! Thanks so much for the great idea!